Thursday, April 15, 2010

Otterson on Beck and Wallis

Posting two entries in one day is rare for me (in fact, I've never done it before, and I don't expect to do it again). But I couldn't wait:

Three cheers for LDS Church Head of Public Affairs Michael Otterson for his continuing participation in discussions of interest in the On Faith blog. In this entry he responds to the social justice question bantied about between Glenn Beck and Rev. Jim Wallis.

My praise for Otterson's post is because:

1. He responds civilly and with a cool head

2. He cites the virtues of both Beck and Wallis and villifies neither

3. He recognizes the difference between a religious and political issue

4. He recognizes issues that reach beyond the US borders

5. I happen to embrace and agree with what he says

I hope you enjoy his post as much as I did. You may also be interested to know that the Church Newroom's blog also links to his post.

No comments:

Post a Comment